Here is a step by step Guide to Generate E-Way Bill (EWB-01) online:
Step 1: Login to e-way bill system.
Enter the Username, password and Captcha code, Click on ‘Login’
Step 2: Click on ‘Generate new’ under ‘E-waybill’ option appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard. 1) Transaction Type:
Select ‘Outward’ if you are a supplier of consignment
Select ‘Inward’ if you are a recipient of consignment.
2) Sub-type: Select the relevant sub-type applicable to you:
If transaction type selected is Outward, following subtypes appear: f transaction type selected is Inward, following subtypes appear: ote: SKD/CKD- Semi knocked down condition/ Complete knocked down condition
3) Document type: Select either of Invoice / Bill/ challan/ credit note/ Bill of entry or others if not Listed
4) Document No. : Enter the document/invoice number
5) Document Date: Select the date of Invoice or challan or Document.
Note: The system will not allow the user to enter the future date.
6) From/ To: Depending on whether you are a supplier or a recipient, enter the To / From section details. Note: If the supplier/client is unregistered, then mention ‘URP’ in the field GSTIN, indicating that the supplier/client is an ‘Unregistered Person’.
7) Item Details: Add the details of the consignment (HSN code-wise) in this section:
Product name Description HSN Code Quantity, Unit, Value/Taxable value Tax rates of CGST and SGST or IGST (in %) Tax rate of Cess, if any charged (in %)
Note: On the implementation of E-way bills, Based on the details entered here, corresponding entries can also be auto-populated in the respective GST Return while filing on GST portal.
8) Transporter details: The mode of transport(Road/rail/ship/air) and the approximate distance covered (in KM) needs to be compulsorily mentioned in this part.
Apart from above, Either of the details can be mentioned:
Transporter name, transporter ID, transporter Doc. No. & Date. OR
Vehicle number in which consignment is being transported. Format: AB12AB1234 or AB12A1234 or AB121234 or ABC1234